Check out our website to learn more about our space, our team, and the community we're growing.
About the Role
The Programme Manager develops and delivers world class corporate innovation programmes at Dogpatch Labs. These programmes focus on creating a culture of intrapreneurship and rapidly advancing ideas to become investor-ready. The ideal candidate has a mix of both startup and corporate experience in the FinTech or EnergyTech space and is looking to apply their skills in an agile and fast-paced startup environment.
Programmes at Dogpatch Labs
At Dogpatch Labs, we’re constantly striving for global best practice. Our programmes have been shaped by some top people in the industry including; Jon Bradford ‘Godfather of European Accelerators' (former MD Techstars Europe, VC Motive Partners) and Entrepreneurs in Residence like Brian Norton (Co-Founder FutureFinance, raised €212m) and Brett Meyers (Co-Founder Currency Fair, raised €25m). Our founder, Patrick, has been involved in Series-A companies and top accelerators.
We work collaboratively with our corporate partners to help them innovate in two ways:
- Incubators - where internal staff undergo an intrapreneurship programme to build innovative solutions for the corporate
- Accelerators - where we match the corporate with external startups to help them solve challenges
About Dogpatch Labs
Dogpatch Labs is one of Europe’s leading tech community hubs fostering entrepreneurship for startups, facilitating technology innovation for all sizes of companies and nurturing transformative social enterprises. Alumni include many of Ireland’s fastest growing tech companies including Intercom (>$1Bn valuation). Dogpatch Labs is the global headquarters for CoderDojo, the volunteer-led movement of free computer programming clubs. Dogpatch Labs was awarded the Google for Entrepreneurs Global Citizenship Award in 2017 and was recently visited by Duke & Duchess of Sussex. Through the global Google for Startups Partner Network we’re closely connected to thriving startup ecosystems around the world.
1. Incubator Programme Management
Develop and deliver a world class corporate incubator programme to accelerate internal ideas
- Programme design refinement & execution to meet the needs of the corporate using methodologies from the startup world such as Innovation Sprints
- Manage relationship with partner & teams to ensure both are achieving maximum value from the programme
- Accountability on all Programme Deliverables
- Assist corporate partner in shaping the projects & recruiting the internal teams to get them ‘incubator ready’
- Provide strategic week-to-week mentoring for internal teams across a broad range of subject matters
- Facilitate workshops, manage mentors and speakers, prepare schedules, agendas and budgets
- Create templates and playbooks to streamline actions and decision making
- Work closely with Dogpatch Managing Director & Programme Associate
2. Partner Management
As well as delivering incubator programmes you will play a role in managing the overall partnership with various partners.
- Create meaningful client presentations, prepare schedules and agendas, project manage ad-hoc projects
- Shape startup engagement activities such as Hackathons to deliver value for corporates and startups
- Work closely with the Events Manager in executing various partner events to a global standard e.g. itineraries, budgets, decks, surveys, coordinating with event organizers and staff
- Support Content Team by providing information on partner events/initiatives and suggesting website content for shaping appearance of partnerships
- Work closely with Dogpatch Managing Director to assess and manage business development opportunities that fit with the company strategy, and align with existing partnerships and commitments
Who You Are
- The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years experience in a fast-paced environment, either running your own startup or working for a high growth company. Preferably you also have experience running a startup engagement programme or corporate innovation programme.
- You will have a strong working knowledge of the Fintech / EnergyTech / startup world, and you’re the kind of person that would happily spend a weekend at a hackathon, reading a startup book or are naturally drawn to reading articles about the latest developments in innovation and technology.
- You’re passionate about the potential for platforms to enable entrepreneurship, startups and new technologies to make a positive impact on companies, the economy and society. You’re excited about playing a role in accelerating the Irish startup ecosystem.
- You are interested in how innovation is driven in large established organisations, and how this can be facilitated to create win win scenarios with startups.
Character & Mindset
- Hardworking & dependable - you’re dependable and consistent and strong in planning, priority setting and execution. You’re a team player flexible around job responsibilities and willing to jump in and help where needed.
- Productive & efficient - you’re self-motivated, independently driven and thrive in dynamic and fast-paced environments. You’re always looking to improve your productivity by learning new tools and methods.
- Strong presence & leadership capability - you have a strong presence and the ability to act effectively as a brand ambassador. You have the confidence and ability to push back on demands, ideally with a proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities.
- Growth mindset - you’re ambitious and excited about working in a challenging, fast paced and dynamic environment, with a constant curiosity and a desire to learn new things. You’re prepared to highlight if and when you need help.
- Analytical mindset - you’re a strategic thinker with the ability to synthesize research and ideas into meaningful and powerful presentations, and possess dynamic problem solving skills. You ask, or learn to ask the right questions.
- Strong team orientation - you embrace teamwork and enjoy fostering a collaborative and positive environment.
- Generalist with strong commercial acumen - you are able and willing to work on a variety of tasks. You understand the commercial reality of business, and are able to shape offerings and strategies that fit with given constraints.
- Communication & marketing skills - you have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, from CEO level down. You are skilled at translating complex ideas and concepts into high quality decks and presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Presentation & public speaking - you have a persuasive presence and are able to adjust your communication style depending on the audience and context.
- Team communication & management - you’re a strong team player and excel in leveraging the skills and resources of multiple team members to delivering projects on time and to a high standard.
- Organisation & project management - You’re a great organiser with strong ability to multitask to meet deadlines. You know how to manage projects effectively and engage people to meet milestones.
- Technology - ability to use modern technology platforms, and learn quickly (Trello, Slack, Google Docs & Slides etc)
- The role is a full-time role based at our offices in the CHQ Building, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland.